Alison Lungstrum-Macneill Of Counsel [email protected]ation.com
Alison’s practice focuses on defending employers in both state and federal courts and before state and federal agencies against allegations of sexual harassment, retaliation, and discrimination claims, including age, race, sex and disability discrimination, as well as wage claims arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and similar state and federal laws. Alison also has experience protecting clients from – as well as defending clients against – alleged trade secret theft, computer fraud and abuse, unfair competition, conspiracies, and non-compete violations.
As an employment litigator, Alison has been part of litigation teams which have obtained jury verdicts in favor of one of the nation’s leading oil and gas industry service providers in a race discrimination lawsuit, and in favor of an NFL football team in a three week age discrimination lawsuit. Alison has also obtained arbitration rulings in favor of a major non-profit health system in a False Claims Act whistleblower retaliation case, and in favor of a direct broadcast satellite service provider in a race discrimination and retaliation case.
In addition, Alison regularly advises employers regarding compliance issues with various state and federal statutes with the goal of increasing productivity and minimizing conflicts in the workplace that may lead to potentially disruptive employment disputes.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2010 (Symposium Editor for the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy; Payne & Jones Award for outstanding achievement in legal research, writing, and advocacy; CALI Award of Academic Excellence in Criminal Procedure, Lawyering, and Juvenile Law).
- Yale University, B.A. in Political Science, 2004
- Campbell Litigation, P.C., Denver, CO: Of Counsel (February 2017-present)
- Jones Walker L.L.P., New Orleans, LA: Special Counsel (June 2016-January 2017)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., New Orleans, LA: Associate (August 2014-June 2016)
- Polsinelli P.C., Kansas City, MO: Associate (November 2010-July 2014)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Louisiana, 2016 and 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Kansas 2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Missouri 2014
- U.S District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Federal Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association